Expanding on the key principles of Insolvency and Restructuring - understanding core principles of liquidating estates, including asset realisations, litigations, funding constraints, creditor's claims, distributions, key challenges and war stories.
Tristan Yelland, Senior Manager, R&H Restructuring - Tristan has extensive expertise in conducting litigation against large, multinational financial institutions and has worked closely with attorneys in the UK, USA, Saudi Arabia, France, Switzerland, and the Cayman Islands. His experience also includes conducting forensic investigations and he has played a leading role in investigations into bribery and corruption at large corporates.
Hannah Gethin, Manager, R&H Restructuring - Hannah has extensive experience in cross border investigations, complex litigation and dispute resolution, with specific focus in official liquidations. She has over 10 years of experience, working in both big four and boutique forensic firms, developing a specialism in forensic accounting and investigations. Since relocating to the Cayman Islands almost three years ago, Hannah has managed high profile multi-jurisdictional insolvency and contentious liquidation cases across the Cayman Islands, United States and Europe, as well as focusing on asset tracing projects and structured finance distressed directorships.
To develop on a basic understanding of the principles and processes of liquidations, to a in-depth understanding of the main areas of focus in an insolvency scenario, the common challenges faced, and key strategies for success. Topics to be discussed include:
- Brief recap on insolvency basics;
- Importance of and challenges in relation to obtaining books and records;
- Cross border insolvency and recognition of Cayman Islands proceedings;
- Role and importance of a Liquidation Committee;
- Creditor claims and distribution considerations;
- Litigation - challenges, pitfalls, reasons to pursue;
- Benefits of utilising forensic accounting techniques and expertise; and
- Funding in insolvent or cash stripped estates
Who Should Attend:
Senior Associate to Senior Manager Level
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of insolvency.
Advanced preparation: N/A
CPD Credits: 2
CIIPA Member: KYD$50
- Due to cost incurred, no refunds will be issued without notifying us (at least 24 hours prior to the event). If you wish to send someone in your place, please email email@example.com.
- When attending ANY training, please be sure to sign in to be able to receive your CPD certificate.