Persons may be registered as a student member if they are undertaking a recognised course of accounting study and are Caymanian or legal residents in Cayman Islands.
CIIPA is not currently an accounting education program provider and any student member will need to qualify according to the entry requirements of another OPAI’s education program or an approved education provider.
Currently the recognised courses for the purpose of registration as a student are:
- ACCA (Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants)
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- Cayman accountancy associate degree programs (University College of Cayman Islands and International College of the Cayman Islands)
CIIPA may consider applications from students enrolled on other appropriate programs.
The following is to be submitted along with the application form:
Post qualification any application for regular membership will be treated in the same way as an application from a person that was not previously a CIIPA student member. In particular, the applicant will need to satisfy the selected Institute’s practical experience requirements in order to become a member of that Institute in order to be eligible for registration as a CIIPA Regular Member.
- A letter from the course provider to confirm enrolment
- A letter of good character and
- Evidence of legal status